Love Old Carolina? Get the app!
Click here to sign in or sign up with Facebook.
Fast, easy and mobile. Download Old Carolina's free mobile app to get started. Our app completely replaces the True Q Card and brings new and exciting ways to benefit from being a True Q member.
We continue to use the Q Card as our gift cards. Check the balance of your Q Card here.
- • Earn reward points on every purchase.
- • $10 rewarded for every $100 spent! It's like getting a 10% discount on every purchase, every day.
- • Get exclusive gifts, offers, and inside news.
- • Registration is easy!
- • No more carrying around or losing your card.
- • Check your reward balance.
- • Access all our menus conveniently wherever you go.
- • Find nearest locations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
For each dollar you spend on food and beverage purchases, one point is rewarded. Every time you reach 100 points, you receive a $10 credit which can be used on food and beverage purchases during your next visit.
How do I sign up?
There are a couple of simple ways to join:
Using the Mobile App:
1) Download the Old Carolina Barbecue Company free mobile app for your Android or IOS device from Google Play or the iTunes Store.
2) Once installed, launch the app and choose "Create Account."
3) You may sign up with an email address, or sign up via your Facebook account to earn 15 bonus points.
Using the Desktop Site:
1) Visit us online: oldcarolina.com
2) Click on the "True Q Loyalty" box
3) A pop-up window will appear. Click on the red "Sign Up" button.
4) Enter your registration information and click "Submit." You're all set!
Is there a fee?
There is no fee to become join the True Q Club and the mobile app is free!
How do I earn point and redeem credits?
After creating your account you may access and manage it by using the smartphone app or the Old Carolina website.
1) Tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads, "Earn.”
2) Aim your phone's camera at the barcode located at the bottom of your receipt. The entire barcode should be positioned within the four black corners on your screen. Hold this position until the app successfully scans the barcode.
3) If scanning the barcode does not work, you can tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads "Enter Barcode Manually." This will allow you to enter the numbers at the bottom of the barcode to earn your points.
To redeem credits:
1) Tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads, " Redeem."
2) On the next screen, tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads, "New Redeem."
3) On the next screen, the app will auto-fill the full amount of your reward balance. If you prefer to redeem a smaller amount, tap the field and enter your preferred amount.
4) Tap the red "Redeem" button.
5) A numeric code will appear on the next screen. Use that code when placing an order in the restaurant or over the phone.
PLEASE NOTE: Redemption codes do not currently work toward online orders.
Using the Website:
Accessing your account online is easy! All you need to do is log into your account: oldcarolina.com, click on the True Q App icon in the top right corner.
To earn points:
1) Click on the "Earn Points" link.
2) From that screen, enter the 12-digit barcode number at the bottom of your receipt into the "Bar Code" field and click "Submit." The points from your order will be added to your account!
To redeem credits:
1) You will need to create a redemption code before you place your order.
2) To create a redemption code, log in to your account and click on "Redeem Rewards."
3) From that screen, enter the amount that you would like to redeem for your next visit. This will create a code that you can give to your cashier on your next visit, which will be used toward your next order.
PLEASE NOTE: Any unused portion of your redemption code will not be deducted from your account balance. For example, if you create a code for $10, but only use $7, the unused $3 will remain in your balance.
How many points can I earn a day?
You earn 1 point for every dollar you spend. There is a limit of 500 points per transaction with a maximum reward of $50.
Can I redeem the $10 reward at any location?
Yes! You can earn points at any of our locations, therefore you can redeem your reward any location.
I have multiple $10 rewards saved in my app, can I redeem them all at once?
Yes, you sure can! Note, there is a redemption limit of $250 per day.
If I have a $10 reward and another offer that was sent to me via the app, can I use both at the same time?
Yes! Your dollar rewards are treated like cash for purchases, although we don’t hand back change at the register Any unused balance is automatically returned through the app.
If I don't spend the entire $10 reward do I get to keep the credit?
Yes. If, for example, you redeem a $10 reward, but your bill is only $7, your remaining balance will be $3.
Does my Q Card still work?
You may no longer earn additional points or rewards on your card, however if you have funds on the card or had earned rewards, those are still on the card and are still able to be redeemed in the store. If your Q Card was registered, your points will automatically be transferred to the new program. If your card was not registered, you have the option of submitting a request to transfer points. To transfer your balance, you will need to send an email to email@example.com. In the body of the email, please include your Q Card number. The card number can be found on the back of the card along bottom left edge. Please note that each new account created via the mobile app allows the transfer of only one card balance. Card balances may not be combined and transferred.
Am I able to earn points on gift card purchases?
No. Points may only be earned one time. Therefore, earning points on the purchase of a gift card and then earning points on a purchase using the gift card as payment, is not permitted.
Experiencing problems with the app?
A fix may be as simple as updating your app to make sure that you are using the latest version. Please check to see if you have the latest update and try using the app again.
I get a "cannot connect to server error" when I try to scan a barcode or redeem a credit with my smart phone.
Sometimes when a phone has difficulty connecting to the internet in the restaurant, this error message appears when scanning a barcode or attempting to redeem credits. Try the following:
1) Turn off the wifi on your phone when scanning your barcode or generating a redemption code in the restaurant. This will force your phone to use your cellular network to connect with the internet.
2) Scan your barcode after you've left the restaurant and/or generate your redemption credit prior to entering the restaurant for your next visit.
Why is the app telling me that "the receipt is too old?"
• Barcodes expire after fourteen (14) days.
• If you have an expired barcode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Be sure to include a copy of your receipt.
What happens if I don't use a redemption code before it expires? What happens to the unused reward amount from a redemption code?
• No worries! The redemption code expires to protect you from someone using your earned rewards.
• Any unused portion of the redemption code remains in your account and is available for future use.
• When you redeem your code, only the amount redeemed is actually deducted from your reward balance.
The app is telling me that "multiple scans are not allowed."
• The True Q app will not allow more than 2 barcodes from any 24 hour period to be scanned.
• If you have more than 2 receipts for meals that you paid for within a 24 hour period, please email copies of the receipts to email@example.com
• Please also note that policy requires that members accrue points only on food and beverage purchases paid for by said members. If receipts show that purchases were made by different forms of payment and not by a single individual, the bar code may be rejected by the app.
If you are still experiencing problems:
• Use the "Need Help?" option in the app's "Settings" menu. This will send technical information to our programmers.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, include the type of phone and version of Android or iOS you are using along with a description of the problem you are experiencing.
© Ichor Restaurant Group. All rights reserved. | Hot restaurant franchise for the Midwest USA.