Love Old Carolina? Get the app!
Click here to sign in or sign up with Facebook.
EARN REWARDS LIKE THESE WITH JUST A FEW TAPS.
FREE SWEET TEA
FREE BIRTHDAY GIFT
1 POINT FOR EVERY
HOW IT WORKS
2. Register with your email or earn 15 bonus points by registering through Facebook. Everyone gets a free beverage for signing up. Include your birthday and we'll send you a free gift during your birthday month!
3. Turn On Notifications
4. Scan your receipts
5. Earn points on eligible purchases. (see FAQs below for more detail)
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
For each dollar you spend on food and beverage purchases, one point is rewarded. Every time you reach 100 points, you automatically receive a $10 credit which can be used on food and beverage purchases during your next visit. Purchases of gift cards, alcohol and purchases through third-party services do not qualify. (see below)
How do I sign up?
There are a couple of simple ways to join:
Using the Mobile App:
1) Download the Old Carolina Barbecue Company free mobile app for your Android or IOS device from Google Play or the iTunes Store.
2) Once installed, launch the app and choose "Create Account."
3) You may sign up with an email address but if you sign up via your Facebook account you'll earn 15 bonus points.
Using the Desktop Site:
1) Visit us online: oldcarolina.com
2) Click on the "True Q Loyalty" box
3) A pop-up window will appear. Click on the red "Sign Up" button.
4) Enter your registration information and click "Submit." You're all set!
Is there a fee?
There is no fee to become join the True Q Club and the mobile app is free!
How do I earn points and redeem credits?
After creating your account you may access and manage it by using the smartphone app or the Old Carolina website.
1) Tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads, "Earn.”
2) Aim your phone's camera at the barcode located at the bottom of your receipt. The entire barcode should be positioned within the four black corners on your screen. Hold this position until the app successfully scans the barcode.
3) If scanning the barcode does not work, you can tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads "Enter Barcode Manually." This will allow you to enter the numbers at the bottom of the barcode to earn your points.
To redeem credits:
1) Tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads, " Redeem."
2) On the next screen, tap the red button at the bottom of the screen that reads, "New Redeem."
3) On the next screen, the app will auto-fill the full amount of your reward balance. If you prefer to redeem a smaller amount, tap the field and enter your preferred amount.
4) Tap the red "Redeem" button.
5) A numeric code will appear on the next screen. Use that code when placing an order in the restaurant or over the phone.
PLEASE NOTE: Redemption codes do not currently work toward online orders.
Using the Website:
Accessing your account online is easy! All you need to do is log into your account: oldcarolina.com, click on the True Q App icon in the top right corner.
To earn points:
1) Click on the "Earn Points" link.
2) From that screen, enter the 12-digit barcode number at the bottom of your receipt into the "Bar Code" field and click "Submit." The points from your order will be added to your account!
To redeem credits:
1) You will need to create a redemption code before you place your order.
2) To create a redemption code, log in to your account and click on "Redeem Rewards."
3) From that screen, enter the amount that you would like to redeem for your next visit. This will create a code that you can give to your cashier on your next visit, which will be used for your next order.
PLEASE NOTE: Any unused portion of your redemption code will not be deducted from your account balance. For example, if you create a code for $10, but only use $7, the unused $3 will remain in your balance.
Can I redeem rewards when placing an online order?
YES! Although not fully integrated, here is how it works:
- Generate your unique redemption code on the True Q Rewards App. (If questions, see "To redeem credits" section above.)
- Make your menu selections, then choose the “True Q Rewards ” option located on the menu list and add it to your cart.
Enter the 7 digit redemption code into the special instructions field. PLEASE NOTE: Your discount will not be applied at the online checkout. It will be applied at the store and upon pick-up, your receipt will show the proper amount charged to your credit card.
How many points can I earn a day?
You earn 1 point for every dollar you spend. There is a limit of 500 points per transaction with a maximum reward of $50.
How long do I have to scan my receipt?
Barcodes expire after thirty (30) days. If you have an expired barcode, please email email@example.com. Be sure to include a copy of your receipt.
Can I redeem the $10 reward at any location?
Yes! You can earn points at any of our locations, therefore you can redeem your reward any location.
I have multiple $10 rewards saved in my app, can I redeem them all at once?
Yes, you sure can! Note, there is a redemption limit of $250 per day.
If I have a $10 reward and another offer that was sent to me via the app, can I use both at the same time?
Yes! Your dollar rewards are treated like cash for purchases, although we don’t hand back change at the register Any unused balance is automatically returned through the app.
If I don't spend the entire $10 reward do I get to keep the credit?
Yes. If, for example, you redeem a $10 reward, but your bill is only $7, your remaining balance will be $3.
Am I able to earn points for gift card purchases?
No. Points may only be earned one time. No points are awarded for the purchase of a gift card. However, points will be earned when the gift card is used as payment.
Can I earn points when purchasing through a third-party service such as DoorDash, GrubHub, UberEATS or EZCater?
No. Your purchases through delivery services like these are made directly with the delivery service. Some of these marketplaces have their own rewards programs. Be sure you are registered with their respective programs to earn the rewards they may offer.
Can I earn points when purchasing Old Carolina at an off-site location?
Purchases made at outdoor venues, such as festivals and football stadiums, do not apply to the True Q Rewards program.
Does my Q Card still work?
You may no longer earn additional points or rewards on your card, however, if you have funds on the card or had earned rewards, those are still on the card and are still able to be redeemed in the store. If your Q Card was registered, your points will automatically be transferred to the new program. If your card was not registered, you have the option of submitting a request to transfer points. To transfer your balance, you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, please include your Q Card number. The card number can be found on the back of the card along the bottom left edge. Please note that each new account created via the mobile app allows the transfer of only one card balance. Card balances may not be combined and transferred.
*Only one account per person is allowed. Any violation will result in suspension or termination of accounts.
Experiencing problems with the app?
A fix may be as simple as updating your app to make sure that you are using the latest version. Please check to see if you have the latest update and try using the app again.
I get a "cannot connect to server error" when I try to scan a barcode or redeem a credit with my smartphone.
Sometimes when a phone has difficulty connecting to the internet in the restaurant, this error message appears when scanning a barcode or attempting to redeem credits. Try the following:
1) Turn off the wifi on your phone when scanning your barcode or generating a redemption code in the restaurant. This will force your phone to use your cellular network to connect to the internet.
2) Scan your barcode after you've left the restaurant and/or generate your redemption credit prior to entering the restaurant for your next visit.
Why is the app telling me that "the receipt is too old?"
• Barcodes expire after thirty (30) days.
• If you have an expired barcode, please email email@example.com.
• Be sure to include a copy of your receipt.
What happens if I don't use a redemption code before it expires? What happens to the unused reward amount from a redemption code?
• No worries! The redemption code expires to protect you from someone using your earned rewards.
• Any unused portion of the redemption code remains in your account and is available for future use.
• When you redeem your code, only the amount redeemed is actually deducted from your reward balance.
The app is telling me that "multiple scans are not allowed."
• The True Q app will not allow more than 2 barcodes from any 4 hour period to be scanned.
• If you have more than 2 receipts for meals that you paid for within a 4 hour period, please email copies of the receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please also note that policy requires that members accrue points only on food and beverage purchases paid for by said members. If receipts show that purchases were made by different forms of payment and not by a single individual, the bar code may be rejected by the app.
If you are still experiencing problems:
• Use the "Need Help?" option in the app's "Settings" menu. This will send technical information to our programmers.
• Email us at email@example.com. In your email, include the type of phone and version of Android or iOS you are using along with a description of the problem you are experiencing.
© Ichor Restaurant Group. All rights reserved. | Hot restaurant franchise for the Midwest USA.